Tuesday, October 4, 2011

An Exciting Day in Downtown Houston

Today, is the first Tuesday of the month. That means, for me the budding real estate mogul, I mean investor, I was in downtown Houston bright and early this morning on the steps of the courthouse at the monthly property foreclosure auction.

What an adventure it was today. I arrived at the parking lot to the buzz of two helicopters overhead, sirens roaring from all directions. I crossed over one street and immediately noticed what all the drama was about, a dump truck ran into a Metro light rail train causing it to derail.

The auction is an all day event. The usual interesting characters were in attendance in droves, the atmosphere was unusually carnival like. I had to wear me poker face even tighter than ever.

I finally noticed what the extra commotion was all about. A reality show was being filmed almost the entire day. Apparently, Russell Hantz of Survivor fame, has a new reality show on A&E called Flipped. He flips houses in Houston.

Well, I had no clue who he is but his entourage is the sketchiest group of Mafia style characters I've ever seen. Complete with over dressed blonde bombshell wife. He was in his trademark fedora.

Not sure if he ended up with any properties today, I wasn't successful. It's alright, I was a little intimidated bidding against a guy with a body guard and film crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment