Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Yellow School Bus

I am a real estate investor. Well, I am trying to become one. Tom and I have done well buying and selling our own personal homes-location, location, location. We have a profit from our last home which we want to invest in a rehab, foreclosure property to use as a rental property/flip. I am one of the mulitutde of interesting people who goes to the courthouse steps the first Tuesday of the month hoping to buy a property for an unbelievable price. However, when it comes down to actually raising my hand to place the bid I freeze, So, this month, I've decided, I would really be prepared to place a bid. I've done extensive research online.

Today, I set out to the suburbs to view the houses meeting my criteria, Wow! Oh, how the memories of living in these wonderful neighborhoods, near elementary, middle and high schools, flooded my mind with the greatest memories! The neighborhood pools and playgrounds, tears. I had to pull into a Walgreens after I passed the football stadium to gather my wits and composure.

Funny, I didn't even raise my kids in this suburb, city or even this part of Texas but I could just visualize the routines of each of these neighborhoods families and fondly remember those days. Then, I saw a school bus, I had to head back to my inner city downsized empty nest pad. The yellow school bus gets me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment